Mittwoch, 14. Februar 2007

Rocketship inbound...

I wonder how many readers will recognize a rocketship if it zooms past them. Or how many could name this one in the picture...

It is actually part of a SciFi series, BBC, and rather antiquated. When I first set foot on this island, my native tourguides and decided that I needed to be exposed to certain elements of British Culture, which I would be unlikely to encounter in an unguided lifetime in the UK. This series was one such element.

I have to say that we had a few very enjoyable afternoons and evenings watching 7 or so episodes in a row and that despite its famously basic and wobbly sets, the series did have a few very good storylines and some immensely quotable trashy lines (...my memory... what's wrong with my memory?)

Another such instructive TV series was "The prisoner" - a somewhat surreal series, that allows me to build a bridge to the newsworthy part of this post. The main man in the series drives a very nice Caterham 7 right at the beginning of each episode.

Rocketships? Cars? What's he on?

Well, I am just about to pick up a new car this weekend. It's the 06 model Honda Civic, which has got such a futuristic exterior and interior that it lends itself to "Rocketship" as a term of endearment. Especially the dashboard could have been lifted straight out of a Star Trek Next Gen shuttle craft. It's quite something... Let me find a picture (of course mine is going to be right hand drive).

After a quick testdrive and a lot of reading of the goods and bads on some forums (e.g. the excellently entertaining civinfo.com), I took the jump to a Honda, which will mean turning in our old and very reliable but slightly boring Clio - I hope I won't rue the day.

A car needs a name - and because of the looks and style, I think a SciFi inspired name would fit very nicely.

I have one in mind and the first picture is a very subtle hint - but how about you guys putting some suggestions on via the comments?

2 Kommentare:

Tini hat gesagt…

mmmhh....
Dr. Who? The hitchhikers guide? Earthsearch? Blake 7???

Raldanash hat gesagt…

Indeed - Blake 7 it is. Question is should the name be Libby (for the liberator) or Zen (because the car takes voice commands...)